A Wickedly Delicious Halloween Menu!

It’s A Wickedly Delicious Halloween Menu!

Every year, we eat an early dinner (often with a few friends and family) and then head out to trick or treat.  This supper is always one of my favorites because we are just so darn excited (the kids and adults alike!).  So, this year, if you need a little something before you load up on the candy, here you go.  I’ve given you a few choices to pick from to make your dinner not only delicious but fun too.

A spooktacular meal for your whole family!

Witch's Brew Hot Chocolate

You should have Witch’s Brew in your slow cooker all night long!  This is perfect ladled into mugs as you pass out candy or after you come in from trick or treating.  I always find the pumpkin spice marshmallows this time of year at my local grocery store and then also at places like Target and Walmart.

This year, you should make my Bubbly Buffalo Chicken Dip!  I could eat this as a meal itself!!  It’s absolutely delicious!

You could also make these…

Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Pigs in a Blanket

…my Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Pigs in a Blanket for an appetizer/smaller bite or…

…my Maple Sausage Balls!

Growing up, my mom always had a “spooky” supper for us before we went treat or treating (like her Ghoul-Ash!).  Now, I do the same thing with my kiddos too!  Here are some of my favorite family-friendly spooky suppers…

Spooky Spaghetti

Spooky Spaghetti

Brunswick Stew

Brunswick Stew

Ghoul-ash

Ghoul-ash

Mummy Meat Pies

Monster Mash-ed Potatoes

Perfect Pumpkin Chili

And if you don’t think you’ll just have candy for dessert, here are a few of my favorite little Halloween treats too…

13 Wickedly Fun Halloween Treats

my 13 Wickedly Fun Halloween Treats!

Happy (almost) Halloween friends!

xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 25, 2019 at 4:59 am

You’re always so creative with your themed menus! Love it! 💕✨

• Reply Narci October 25, 2019 at 5:54 am

I love a themed menu!! All of this looks fantastic!

• Reply Joylee October 25, 2019 at 8:06 am

Those look amazing! I was planning on making your southwestern egg rolls for Halloween dinner and calling them mummy wraps. Do you think that would make sense/ work for Halloween? Also when you make these do serve them as the main part of dinner? Thanks for the great recipes shay!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 25, 2019 at 11:24 am

Yes!!! They would work!! I typically make this stuff to be nibbled on before we eat the main course, but we’re super easy going and save some to eat with our meal too!

• Reply Vanessa October 25, 2019 at 10:40 am

Hey shay which value resort is your favorite? I am going to to book my families Disney vacation today and I need help deciding which one of the value resorts we should Stay at. Also have you ever eaten at rainforest cafe or Trex in Disney springs? Is that a good one to do the first night?

• Reply Raelynn October 25, 2019 at 2:34 pm

When you take your kids to Disney do you make them get a Mickey check meal? I would rather my kids get a Mickey check meal since they are healthier but I’m worried my 5 year old will see another kid eating a hot dog and want that too. Do you make your kids order a Mickey check meal or do you let them choose whatever? My two year old won’t care but I’m worried my 5 year old will.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 26, 2019 at 7:15 am

I try and have a very relaxed attitude on vacations, so they can basically order whatever is on their menu.

• Reply Mother of 3 October 25, 2019 at 4:13 pm

So many delicious ideas! We typically just have take out pizza at a relative’s house and join along with them Trick or Treating since we have no place to go out near us. This year though my boys decided we’re staying home, watching a movie, and eating some sweet treats on our own. I have been trying to come up with some “fun” menu ideas and I think a few of these would be a hit. Pinned!

• Reply Giana October 26, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Hey shay
    We went apple picking today ( haha we finally got around to it even if it was a little picked over here in Georgia 🙂 ) and I was thinking of making your apple cranberry pie. I know it says to use pie filling but since I have all these apples do you think I could just use sliced apples? Would I add sliced apples to a bag with spices and flour to make my own filling. Or what would you do? Thanks so much for all the amazing, wonderful, fantastic recipes and advise when it comes to everyday life. You make life so special for your kids and I try to do the same with your help! Also I made your beef short rib pasta in the slow cooker today and Oh My it was amazing! My husband said it was his favorite slow cooker supper I have ever made! ( and I make 2-3 slow cooker recipes a week) so thank you so much for that recipe! Haha we are actually going to have it Monday again because he is already asking for me to make it again!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 27, 2019 at 5:32 am

Oh! I’m so happy you made that pasta!! I love that one too!! Okay, you can totally make your own with real apples! I wish we could go apple picking around here.

• Reply Mary Joe October 27, 2019 at 11:31 am

Hey shay I was thinking of making your witches brew hot chocolate afternoon for my kids play date. One question though does it taste like regular hot chocolate? Or is it different because of the white cholcate? Does this just taste more like sweetened condensed milk? Also if you were picking a Halloween snack to make for 3 kindergartners and their moms what would you make? I was looking through your Halloween recipes and did not know which one would be best to take to the park with friends. Thanks Mary Joe

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 28, 2019 at 6:16 am

I think it tastes like a regular white chocolate hot cocoa. It’s not chocolaty but it’s really delish! And what if you made my Monster Mix? Or my Candy Corn Bundt Cake?

• Reply Jessa October 27, 2019 at 11:38 am

Hey shay I need some baking help. I told my My 8 year old daughter she could look though your Halloween recipes and pick one she wanted to make this week. She landed on your candy corn no bake cookies. They look amazing but the only problem is my 3 year old son is allergic to peanut butter and all other nut butters. Is there something we could substitute for it in this recipe? I want him to be able to help and eat them too. Or should we pick a different recipe?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 28, 2019 at 6:15 am

I would pick a different recipe for his safety. What about my Candy Corn Bundt Cake? It’s easy and very fun because of the multi-colors!

• Reply Katie October 27, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Hey shay I went to Costco today and they were having a great deal on mushrooms. I got these mushrooms called Chanterelle. I need help figuring out how to use them for my meal plan this week. Out of your recipes that use mushrooms which would you pick?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 28, 2019 at 6:14 am

There are so many!! I would probably make one of my soups with them as it’s soup season! In the search bar on my blog type “mushroom soup” and you’ll see what pops up!

• Reply Reese October 27, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Hey shay what are your favorite freezer friendly soups? We are expecting snow soon and I am looking for soup recipes to double/triple and freeze. Which of your soups would this work best with?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 28, 2019 at 6:12 am

I would say any of the heartier ones with ground beef (like Taco Chili). I also really think my Tomato Basil freezes BEAUTIFULLY! We freeze that one a lot for K’s lunches!!

• Reply Greekley October 27, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Hey shay quick question for you. How long did smith and Kensington use car seats? Did you keep theirs to pass onto Ashby and madeley? Just wondering what seasoned moms do with car seats. I have twin daughters but I am expecting another little girl soon. I was wondering if I should be trying to save all their car seat stuff.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 28, 2019 at 6:12 am

Because of everyone’s ages and when they needed what sizes, everyone got new car seats when they hit the size/age that required them to change (and it was all different as they grew differently).

• Reply Kate October 28, 2019 at 12:58 pm

Have you ever done the witch’s brew hot choc in the crockpot over night??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 28, 2019 at 1:17 pm

No because I think it should be stirred a little more often than if I were to leave it over night.