Oh friends, I have an idea for you! This isn’t even a recipe…this is just an idea that I had and decided it was perfect for Back to School season!
I saw Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs cereal at my grocery store and it hit me that it would make a delicious base to a bar. Simple as that.
Now, this cereal is not certified gluten-free (it’s g-free but potentially has cross-contamination), so be aware of that all of my g-free sensitive families. I typically don’t make things at home that Kensington can’t eat, but I was drawn to the cereal and had an afternoon where she had volleyball until dinnertime, so we made these and the other three kiddos enjoyed them after school.
Seriously, this isn’t even a recipe…just an easy idea for your after school treats!Print
An easy twist on a classic! These are perfect for busy back to school afternoons.
- 6 cups Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs cereal
- 1 (10 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and then spray down with Pam for easy removal of the bars. Set aside.
- Pour your cereal into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, add in your marshmallows, butter and peanut butter. Place this bowl in the microwave and microwave until the marshmallows are melted (stopping every 30 seconds to stir). This will only take about a minute or so. As soon as your marshmallows, butter and peanut butter are melted, quickly pour this on top of the cereal in your bowl. Quickly combine everything and then pat it all down into your prepared baking dish. Pat everything flat and allow the bars to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- When not enjoying, store these in an airtight container on the counter (no fridge necessary).
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies (the very first recipe I learned to make!)